KEY PRIORITY ONE: To further improve the standards of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
KEY PRIORITY TWO: To further develop pastoral provision so that students become independent and responsible citizens who are appropriately prepared to contribute positively to society
KEY PRIORITY THREE: To develop and implement a curriculum that is inclusive, aspirational and purposeful that enables all students to leave the Beech Academy and secure education, employment or training
KEY PRIORITY FOUR: Develop and implement quality and capacity of leadership and management at all levels, embedding a culture of scholastic excellence based on our values
Exam Results Summary 2017/18
Key Stage 4 – whole cohort
• 11 of 11 Pupils achieved 5+ L1 Quals
• 11 of 11 Pupils achieved 5+ Quals including Eng and Maths
• P8: -1.27
• 7 of 7 that sat the GCSE passed, 3 of were above target and 4 on target.
• 4 of 4 who didn’t sit GCSE passed entry level, 1 was on target.
• 4 of 6 that sat GCSE passed, 2 were above target and 2 were below target.
• 5 of 5 who didn’t sit GCSE passed entry level, 1 was on target.
• 7 of 7 that sat GCSE passed, 4 were above target and 3 were on target.
• 4 of 4 who didn’t sit GCSE Biology passed entry level Science, all of which were on target.
Pupils achieved a range of other qualifications including- AIM awards, Btec Sport, Btec Hospitality, AIM award IT, Arts Award, Creative Crafts and 1 student achieved a qualification in Animal Care.
• 8 of 11 students were pupil premium
• 8 of 8 students achieved 5+ L1 qualification including E/M so no gaps exists between the disadvantaged cohort and non-disadvantaged
• 3 of 8 students were not entered for GCSE English but they did achieve entry Level qualifications 2-3
• 4 of 8 PP students were not entered for GCSE Maths but they did achieve entry level qualifications 2
• 3 of 8 students were not entered for GCSE biology but did achieve entry level 3 science
• 1 of 8 PP students who joined mid-year was not entered for some foundation subjects but did achieve 5 qualification including E/M
Key Stage 5
– 5 of 6 achieved an additional qualification in English (Increase from last year).
– 5 of 6 achieved an additional qualification in Maths (Increase from last year).
Pupils achieved a range of other subjects including Home Cooking Skills, IT and AIM awards.
– 2 of 2 (PP) students achieved Functional Skills 1 in English – early entry
– 1 of 1 SP student achieved a 3 in English
– 2 of 2 (PP) students achieved FSK 1 and EL 3 in Maths – early entry
– 3 of 3 students who failed L1 IT achieved EL3 IT – all PP students
Uniform Policy for 2018/19: Students:
At the Beech Academy, we aspire for scholastic excellence in all our students. This starts with their appearance. Students are required to wear:
– An Academy V-Neck jumper/cardigan (black and gold logo) or an Academy blazer (black with gold logo)
– A white polo shirt or a white shirt
– Black trousers/bottoms
– Black shoes/plain black trainers
– Coats are to be worn in winter and in PE if the weather is poor
– PE kit – all students are to be provided with a black and gold T-shirt. Students are to wear black bottoms/shorts also
– Post 16 uniform is an Academy Hoodie