Want to help make a difference to students with Special Educational Needs? Then this is for you!!
What are we looking for?
Our Governors come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the Academy and are the link between the Academy and the community it serves. We are currently looking for new Community Governors and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
- An interest in the performance of the Academy.
- A desire to contribute to and represent the community.
- An open and enquiring mind.
- The ability to look at issues objectively.
- The confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
- A willingness to listen and make informed judgements.
- The ability to work well with others.
If you match the above description, you may be the very person to become a Governor at The Beech Academy. Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and with as wide a range of interests as possible.
What can we offer?
- A chance to develop skills in strategic management.
- The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our Academy.
- Training to develop an understanding of specific Academy management issues.
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our Academy.
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential.
What is the Governing Body’s Role?
• Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
• Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
• Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the Headteacher and therefore the performance of his/her staff and the school as a whole.
• Deciding policy and future development plans.
• Upholding good governance and working towards the success of the Academy.
If you are interested, please contact Julie Palmer at The Beech Academy on 01623626008 for further information.