It has come to our attention that some children at the Beech Academy have Facebook profiles (the permitted minimum age to use the site is 13, according to the sites terms and conditions).
We are concerned that parents and carers might not be aware of the potential dangers of having a Facebook account so we have sent a letter home with every student today.
You might want to share these safety tips with your child:
- Always keep your profile private
- Never accept friends you don’t know in real life
- Never post anything which could reveal your identity
- Never post anything you wouldn’t want your parents to see
- Never agree to meet somebody you only know online without telling a trusted adult
- Always tell someone if you feel threatened or someone upsets you
A copy of the full letter sent home is linked below.